After learning to keep a sourdough starter alive I realized the issue of the discard and what do I do with it. For a while I tried the sourdough pancake and found I did not really like them so I set out to make crackers with it.
This is the recipe I created from various sources and some experimentation.
Enjoy the crackers.
Making Sourdough Crackers from starter discard
The secret behind the best crackers ever…
Watch the Video below.
The best crackers you will ever taste. These crackers have a good long storage my test so far have gotten me 8mos.
- 300 grm sourdough starter %50
- 300 grm flour %50 this can be any flour you like or with me about 80% regular and 20% wheat
- 6 grm salt %10
- 30 grm olive oil you can use your favourite oil
- Ghee or small dish olive oil for coating crackers
- spices to sprinke on crackers I use salt, pepper, roosemary
- Mix the salt, starter and flour together until it all crumbly and then let sit for about 30 min
- Add the oil and combine until it holds together
- cut into sections and then on a well floured surface roll out until about 1/16 if an inch pie crust thin
- Baste with Ghee or olive oil and sprinkle with your favourite spices and salt
- Cut into small squares and the place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 11 min
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!